Join Us Nov. 4!
The Judy Fletcher Memorial Scholarship Fund was set up in 2010 after she died of a sudden heart attack May 21, 2010. Judy was a friend and classmate of mine when we were studying to become Alcohol and Drug Counselors. Her youthful enthusiasm, genuine care for others, and spirit for life was infectious. We determined that we wanted the recipient of this award to emulate Judy’s persona. The $2,000 scholarship will be awarded each year to the candidate who meets the following criteria. Listed here are the requirements for applicants to qualify.
- Applicant must be a student registered in an undergraduate program at a university, community college, or a junior college.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the study of health and human services/development, behavioral health care, or mental health care therapeutic specialists. All students who apply must have at least one year of study in the field.
- Applicants must have at least a 3.2 GPA.
- Applicants will write and submit a 2-page (single spaced) paper explaining why you want to be in the human service business, and what makes you believe you are a suitable candidate.
- Applications are due by Monday, Oct. 24, 2022. Download Application cover page below which includes instructions on how to submit applications.
- All applicants will be interviewed, and the winner will be presented at our fundraiser Friday, Nov. 4, 2022 at the Rococo Theatre.